Friday, October 21, 2005

A love story

My friends often told me that people just use us till we are of any use to them, and then you are nothing to them. There is nothing called love. “After you it will be someone else”, is what I heard most of the times, but I never believed them. Huh … but I left them for her, I had no choice. I remember those days of youth and a smile breaks on my face. I’ve come a long way since then. With age I waned. My name, the main reason why she chose me, which I proudly carried over my face has disappeared with time. And I never noticed it coming. We are still together, though she doesn’t seem as interested in me as before. I guess, everyone gets tired of each other after some point. But, not me. I still wait with the same eager eyes for her as I did when I was young. That innocent smile makes me forget that very soon there will be someone instead of me else in her life.

She never had the habit of knocking the door. She just walked into the bathroom. I could not move. The very sight of her turns seals my mouth and turns me into a statue. I sat quietly and watched. She locked the door from inside and admired herself in front of the mirror. She seemed to get younger with every passing day. She slipped into the shower and turned on the water. Water reflected off her skin on to me. The touch of her beautiful eyes and lips was heavenly. Iwas lost in though, far away from reality. The loving way in which she handled me confirmed that she still loved me. I convince myself of this every day, but it is never enough.

I slipped and fell into the bathtub. I tried to get up, but could not. I looked at her hoping she would give me a hand. But she totally ignored me, as if I was not even there. Water dripped over me and I kept staring into the shower. Yet another day had passed and I had gotten closer to the end by another day. I gradually began to dawn upon me that she no longer cared for me. She was waiting for the day I would disappear into thin air, so that she could bring in someone young, I did not realize how much time had passed and I still lay there in the bathtub. She had dried herself by now and was about to leave. I wanted to look at her face for one last time, but could not. She reached for the door knob and suddenly stopped. It seemed as if she had realized something. I waited with bated breath. She turned back and looked at me. She walked towards me, and with each step, my heart skipped a beat. She gently lifted me, placed me in the soap box and left.

3 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

habaadi! i could see through your deceit and cunning crafty words well before she put the soap back :p

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

donnie..from where did u cog this? ;-) i mean this is the genre now being followed in all blogs these days..

but see the apt comment by some great guy on "private construction"!! fits u donnie.. :-)

guru

11:48 AM  
Blogger Sudhir said...

Perfect. Just fucking perfect. To the core.

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home