Monday, October 04, 2004

Life is just a strange illusion

I try to catch a last view of the world through the cold iron bars. I hold the iron bars, in desperation, as if trying to tear them apart. The contact of sweat on my palms with the thin coating of rust on the bars feels vey nauseating. The church bell is as sincere as ever. It chimes, five times, as if to convey to me that my time is up. Tears blur my sight and my shoulders grow heavy. I get the message that my life is a burden that I cannot take any longer. A priest is reading my last rites. But his voice fails to reach my ears as I begin to fade into oblivion. There is an unknown pain in my heart. I try to say something but I connot make any confessions. I wish to take one final look at the world, a world that has gone very wrong for me. Could it be possible that there was some kind of error ? Could it be possible that this is some crazy dream? Could it be possible that this is not the end for me.

This very thought of the end is very terrifying. With every passing second my heart sinks to a new low. Somebody please tell me that I'm dreaming. I am just blabbering to myself, trying to make sense, but the words are involuntarily escaping my mouth. A couple of tear drops roll down my cheeks, but why am I crying? What am I afraid of? Death? No ... I never believed that there is an end. I never believed that my journey had a destination. But finally the moment has come. The guards march me out to the couryard. I could feel the fear filled eyes staring at me from the other cells. A familiar voice from a cell calls out "God be with you". Does that make any sense to me? If there is a God then where was he all this time. Why has he to let me die? I walked closer to the inevitable, one step at a time. My whole life begins to drift before me, one frame at a time. My mind is flooded with memories, trivial memoirs of my life. I feel dizzy and my mind reels. For the first time I realise that the end is not very far. But I'm not sorry for anything. At least one thing is for sure now, no one can stop my soul. It is about go free, free to fly away, free to go seek the truth.

Mark my words that there is no end for the soul, for the soul lives on. When you realise that your time is near, then may be life begins to make sense to you. Little pieces of the jigsaw fall in place. You begin to understand that life is just a strange illusion.



I was so impressed with this song that I could not help trying to put it into prose. I realise that this is not even close to something readable. If it still does not ring a bell, it is Iron Maiden's Hallowed be thy name.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the song very much...

still in hyd..will mail ya soon..

bye,
guru

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home